Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Zippered Pouch and Arizona Pictures.

Good Morning! It is a beautiful Fall day in our part of northwestern Arizona. It`s not daylight yet, but the crispy air says it all.

 I made a nice little zippered pouch yesterday to hold my smaller crochet hooks. The outside  print was sent to me by a friend. I used  green calico for the lining.  I chose Heat`n Bond High Loft fusible fleece  to give the bag some body. It took me a little while to put the zipper in, bumbling fingers and all that. The bag is 7.5" x 5.5". I purchased the zipper, a lot of zippers, from Zipit, a nice Etsy store with super customer service and a huge selection of sizes and colors. This is the first time I purchased zippers in bulk. It`s great!


We drove to the well two days ago to haul water and we were greeted by these beautiful flowers. They
make my allergies go crazy. It had been raining all night. The Joshua trees and sage look extra green in the mist.


Still at the well while another storm moves in. The Grand Wash Cliffs and the road to the Skywalk is in the distant background. Every place has a beauty of it`s own.


 We`re supposed to be 70 today. Splendid!

2 comments:

  1. pretty little pouch. Hope things are going well out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag! And what gorgeous scenery. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so don`t be shy.

Vintage Sewing Machines

 I start this post with a picture of a lion that daily crosses through my son`s property. Beautiful ! This is near Prescott.