Tuesday, December 16, 2014

New Friends and A Few Pictures

This little fellow is my new friend. He was left here, alone in the desert, by his former owners. They moved and dumped him. I`m not creative with pet names anymore. I call him O.C. Short for orange cat. I already named him something else, but decided on something short and easy to remember.I have had 30 cats over the years. I chose the easy name. Till I have him neutered he lives on my enclosed porch.


I think you met OC in a previous post.

I`m wishing you wonderful holidays. Friends invited me to their Christmas dinner. I`m really blessed.  I have been occupied with everything except sewing.  The weather is lots cooler making it nicer to work outdoors.

 My best friend of 25 years died three days ago. So much loss this year.   None of us could believe my son and her son would lose a parent in the same year.  Our boys are close. Like brothers. Both are successful young men.  Her husband passed me this morning on his way home to `Vegas. I was going on a shopping trip down the road. Big hugs. Sadness comes to all of us and we work through it with the help of God and our friends. I have come a long way. Doing so much better.

Here a few pictures after the last rain a few days ago. No snow yet, but the rain froze on the ground. The plants are bright because they were were still soaked and the early morning sun was on them

 The view from my back yard.


Facing east you can barely see the cliffs in the background. The Colorado River is behind the cliffs.

Thanks so much for visiting. 

Cathy

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Christmas gift "OC" is for both you and him. Sorry to hear of the loss of your best friend. Take care of yourself. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and prayers dear friend. Life seems to be full of comings and goings doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your losses. Sounds like you and your new friend need each other. Blessings for the holiday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. I am so very sorry you lost your friend this week. I will be thinking of his wife and you this Season.

    O.C. Found a perfect home with you. How could he have been just abandoned? Maybe so you could givLe him a home. That is the reason I'm going with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend. OC is very fortunate to find a friend to care for them. Love your pictures of the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OC it is bringing with him the tidings of good cheer...Wonderful post..love the pix

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss Cathy - such a difficult time. Yesterday I lost a friend of 56 years. Yes, 56. We met in 7th grade and have remained friends all these years. She is one of my high school friends who come to my house for a weekend each fall. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so don`t be shy.

Vintage Sewing Machines

 I start this post with a picture of a lion that daily crosses through my son`s property. Beautiful ! This is near Prescott.